Free online – YouTube ← (click here)
(Link will be available 21st of March from 7PM CET)
ELENA ZHUKOVA – harpsichordist and pianist. During the post-graduate-course-education in National Music Academy of Ukraine n. a. P. Tchaikovsky Elena Zhukova had been proofing her professional skills with Professors Svitlana Shabaltina (harpsichord), Igor Ryabov and Valeriy Kozlov (piano). In time of her studies in Academy she took part at master-courses of harpsichord and piano playing with Frederic Aguessy, Mikhail Arkadiev, Philippe Bianconi, Berngard Billiter, Teresa Dusso, Philippe Entremont, Alexis Galperin, Martin Gester, Bernd Goetzke, Jay Gottlieb, Ketil Haugsand, Władysław Kłosiewicz, Robert Kulek, Schmuel Ashkenazi, Noel Lee, Diana Ligeti, Christopher Stambridge, Marek Toporovski, Elzbeta Stefanska, Michel Ulmann, Aline Zylberajch and others.
At the present moment Elena Zhukova is an Associate Professor of the chamber ensemble in National music academy of Ukraine and teaches harpsichord at Glier music institute. Plays numerous harpsichord and piano concerts as solo- player and also as accompanist and member of ensemble, chamber or symphonic orchestra with the main musical collectives of city of Kiev; also appears as an organist. Was the first performer of the pieces created for this occasion. Took part in numerous Music Festivals and at opera staging – as accompanist (among them “The Coffee-cantata” of J.-S. Bach at National Opera of Ukraine and “The telephone” by G. Menotti etc.). The member of Ukrainian Association of Pianists – laureates of international competitions. Performed together with soloist of Wien Staatsoper Olga Bezsmertna, soprano, Soloist of Mariinsky theater Eleonora Vindau, soprano, and BBC Cardff Singer of the World Andrei Bondarenko. Took part in the numerous concerts as a solo player, ensemble player and accompanist (harpsichord, piano) in the main music halls of Ukraine and abroad, in particular in Argentina, UK, Norway, the Netherlands, South Korea, France, USA, Hungary etc.
As a part of the Two violins project she represented Ukraine during the Winter Olympic games in Phongchang and Seoul (Feb, 2018), and Youth Olympic games (Buenos-Aires, Argentine); took part in the jazz festival ASUJAZZ (Asuncion, Paraguay, Oct. 2018). 2001-2011 – accompanist of Opera staging department; 2011-nowadays – other opera projects (Gluck’s «Orfeo», Walton’s «The Bear», Donizetti’s «Rita», Purcell’s «King Arthur», «Fairy Queen», «Dioclesian», Mozart’s «Don Giovanni» etc.). Performed together with ensembles «Kiev-baroque-ensemble», «Offertorium», «Ars Amarilli», «Secundum artem», «Lege artis».
– Diploma of Russian youth competition of chamber ensembles (Russia, Novomoskovsk, 1995).
– Diploma of International child’s musical festival „Visiting Ayvazovski” (Ukraine, Feodosia, 1996).
– Diploma of the best concertmaster of Second international competition of performers on the wind instruments named after D. Bida (Ukraine, Lviv, 2000).
– The First Prize of International competition of young performers „ХХІ- century art” (Ukraine, Kiev, Vorzel, 2003).
– The Third Prize of International competition of young performers „ХХІ- century art” (Ukraine, Kiev, Vorzel, 2006).
– The First Prize and Audience Prize of International competition “Three centuries of classical romance” (Russia, Saint-Petersburg, 2008).
– The First Prize in “Section Solo”, The Absolute First Prize in Section “Bach Concerto for Harpsichord with an Orchestra” of Wanda Landowska Harpsichord Competition (Bari, Italy, 2014).
– Diploma of the Chopin Roma Competition (Rome, 2015)
– Absolute winner in the International Piano Competition (Serbia, 2016)
– 1st Prize in the International Tadini Competition (Lovere, 2016)
– Distinguished Musician at IBLA Grand Prize, ІІ Prize at Pietro Argento Competition.
Elena Zhukova has defended Ph. D. thesis “Piano music of Francis Poulenc in the context of French keyboard traditions” (2009). Collaborated as the Early music expert at the Radio “Aristocrats”, where with students and colleagues realized several projects with live music, visual art and lectures. Her harpsichord repertoire includes French, German, British, Italian music; among other: Bach’s Concerti and 6 sonatas for harpsichord and violin., programs “Rameau VS Scarlatti”, “Let’s play Baroque”, “The Code of Baroque”. In 2017 published her debut CD “Harpsichord Mystery”, also took part in the recording of the CD, published abroad: “Great Olde European Music”.